Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Butterflies


Hello my quilty friends. Hope you are all doing well. I have a new favorite quilt for you today.  This was in my UFO pile and I finished it. Sent it off to my friend to custom quilt it. I was lucky that she wanted to do a road trip, so she delivered it in person. 
There is two layers of batting and each butterfly pops. This pattern is by Edyta Sitar. I used batiks (layer cake) fabric for each applique butterfly and background. 

This is hanging up on a wall that  gets plenty of day light and I get to see it daily. 

A few close ups of the quilting. 

I am so happy with how this turned out and the quilting is lovely! 

Thank so much for stopping by and until I see you again. Wishing you Quilty Hugs~ Heide 
Linkys-Monday Makers

6 comments:

  1. So pretty!!!! I have that butterfly die from accuquit, though not the leaf and stem one. The 9 patch flowers are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt. Definitely worth rescuing it from your UFO pile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish, Heide!! Congratulations on transforming a UFO into a lovely work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a gorgeous quilt! The design looks stunning in batiks.

    ReplyDelete