Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Pumpkin Sky

Hello my quilty friends. 
Today's quilt is a fun little fall wall hanging. 
This pattern is called Pumpkin sky by Carried away. The pattern called for this to be a horizontal hanging and I wanted it to be vertical. I took a few liberties and orientated it to be the way I wanted. 
The best part is my dear friend who I made this with offered to quilt it for me. She did beautiful custom long arm work! I love how this turned out and it looks fantastic by my back door. 
Here she is working away.
She even let me give it a try. 
Here is a pillow that I made to go on a bench near the back door. 
Now the quilting is not as beautiful a Diane's. I am proud of it, first time using rulers and a bit of free hand. I think I found a pillow at Home goods that Will work for the inside. At great deal for $5!

Here is a close up of the beautiful custom work! Love the feathers and the leaves every so often. Hard to see in the photos but we used double batting to add some greatness to the quilting. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and until I see you again Wishing you Quilty Hugs~Heide

Linkys-
Lets Bee Social  

Thank you Amy for the Bloggers Quilt Festival
You can find it below ( just click on the photo).

https://www.amyscreativeside.com/2018/09/17/bloggers-quilt-festival-fall-2018-edition/

11 comments:

  1. What fun seasonal pieces! Most of my pillows are stuffed with ones from Marshalls or HomeGoods. There's always something less expensive than a plain pillow form at Joanns, plus they tend to be "poofier." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I am working on a pumpkin wallhanging myself Wish I had your long armer close at hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, that quilting!!! Wowsey! Such a cute wallhanging for your back door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you changed the orientation - it looks like it should have been that way from the start to me! And your quilting doesn't look any worse than your friends, so don't be so hard on yourself! Both look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. quite to the beaut this wall hanging ... gorgeous quilting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun wall hanging for the fall! And your friend's quilting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cute wall hanging to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun quilt for fall! I especially like the addition of the flying geese along the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there! I just love what you did with my pattern! Bravo and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete