Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Blue and orange stars and a peek of the family vacation.

Hello my quilty friends, it has been awhile. I went on a 2 week vacation and it took me a little while to get back to normal. 
We were lucky to make it to Germany and then Paris. 
       
                                                  Image may contain: sky, tree, plant, grass, outdoor and nature

 Here we are at Neuschwanstein, beautiful country side and a beautiful castle. We did not get to go in this one, way too many tourists. I have been there once before. 

                                    Image may contain: 2 people, sky, night and outdoor

and here is a photo from our first night in Paris.  The very impressive Notre Dame front and below is from the back. 
Such an amazing trip...exhausting, but amazing. Feeling blessed that my husband and I  could share it with the kids. 
So when I came home I could not wait to get up to my sewing room and start back up. I started a project and it did not turn out too good ( trying to work out how to fix it). So I put that one aside and looked over all my kits and fabric and came up with this lovely.
 I love the stars and the color combo on this sweet quilt. 

Here is another view. 
a closer look of the two different stars. 

Here is one of the white stars
and below is one of the orange stars. 

I just have a flimsy, will send this cutie out once I go back to work in the fall. 
Thanks for stopping by and Until I see you again. Wishing you Quilty Hugs~ Heide 

Linkys-
Lets Bee social
Finish up Friday.

















                                           

5 comments:

  1. Those are such beautiful, classic star blocks! They're lovely in the blue and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi,
    What wonderful photos - I want to visit that castle in Germany or is it Austria? I've been to Paris, and enjoyed the sights. How wonderful you could take your children. This is a lovely quilt, too. I'm not sure which star I like better - they are both cute and the fabrics you chose look great. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos and trip! And I agree--very sweet quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neuschwanstein!! I love that place. Hope to get back one day. The quilt color combo is gorgeous, must think on that myself for future. Especially since I just bought a boat load of golds and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have been able to share a family vacation! The photos are beautiful. And so is your latest quilt top... Love the blue and yellow combo!

    ReplyDelete