Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Graduation quilt and exciteing news.

Hello my Quilty friends! It has been a long time, and I am sorry. I have been sewing and quilting. I just have not had time to post. I do have some fun and exciting news. We are buying a new home!! 
Here is is. 
I just love it!  We are going to down size to a ranch style home with acreage. I am super excited and  a bit nervous and overwhelmed. We close next week and for a while we will own two homes. We need to get this one market ready and de clutter, which works out great I can just bring stuff to the new house. So I will be busy for the next few months. Painting and de cluttering! The last thing to go will be my sewing room, hopefully I will get some sewing in.
I do have a new quilt to show you. I made two of these, one is completely done and the other just needs a binding.  So here is the first.
This is for my son who will be graduating in May from MSU the 2nd one will be for his girlfriend who is also graduating on the same day. I added an extra row of gray on the top as well as the bottom. My son says he is only 6 ft but I swear he is taller. So this is a nice size for him to even cover his toes.
Here is a close up of the log cabin blocks and some of the fabric. 
I used a cozy green flannel for the back, he did not want minky. My son says minky is too hot! His girlfriends quilt got Minky and I love it and I think she will too! 
The quilting has Spartan helmets scatter through out. 

I am super happy with how this turn out and I think the kids will love them too. The are big Football fans, and are super proud of their Big 10 school. It was a easy pattern and did not take up many blocks to create the MSU. The pattern is by AD design called Alphabet soup quilt patterns.  I could not find a website, so I linked to the FB site. 
One last look.
                                             
So until I see you again, Wishing you Quilty Hugs~ Heide 
Oh yea....GO GREEN!! 
Linkys-
Finish up Friday ( last one)
Lets Bee Social. 

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move Heide. I hope you get some sewing in. These quilts are really striking and the quilting suits them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that turned out so great!! I'm sure they will both love their new quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and congrats on the new house! I've moved many, many times in my life and love the excitement of a new place. So many possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new house! Your MSU quilt is lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool quilt! I love that you were able to find/design Spartan quilting designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your 'old' home sells fast! Congrats on the new one and downsizing!! I love moving into a new home and figuring out where everything should go! Not that I've had a lot of homes...but it's exciting and enjoyable to me! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete