Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Giraffes in the snow.

Don't you just love baby quilt! I have teenagers and know I have a long time until there are babies in my house again, that is okay...I can wait. When I heard my daughters Soccer Coach and his wife were having their first child, I got all excited.....I can make a baby quilt! The Coach has been so good to my daughter and has been her Coach for 4 years and this next season will be her last with him.
      I finished quilting this on Sunday. The binding is also on I just need to hand stitched. I have been paying for the quilting all this week,  my back is on the verge of going out...very sore and hard for me to stand up straight. Ugh!! I will have to find  a new way to machine quilt with out stressing out my lower back. 

 I just love this baby giraffe looking up to the grown up, so sweet!
The pattern is from the magazine Quiltmaker Jan/Feb issue #167. The pattern is by Lorna McMahon.This is the first time I have made and finished a quilt on my machine. 
 Here is the sweet fabric that I used for the backing, it is a snugly soft flannel. Also one of my new labels....Hee, hee.
  Thanks for stopping by. Until my next post wishing you Quilty Hugs~ Heide 

Linking:
Sew Fresh quilts- Lets bee Social.
Sew Cute Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Heide..... Your daughter's soccer coach is going to be blown away! This is amazing! I am so proud of you for quilting this on your own home machine. But sorry to hear of your back troubles though. Did you sit or stand while quilting? And did you use your walking foot? Love those wavy lines!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with your quilt Heide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great baby quilt! Lorna's patterns are so sweet, and I've heard that she does such a great job with clear instructions... I'm sure you're girls soccer coach will be thrilled! The backing couldn't be any more perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heide, your quilt is darling. I know the baby will love it. Our girls played soccer from 8 yrs old thru high school. Coaches are special people for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's darling Heide! You did an excellent job and the coach and his wife are going to love your quilt! That backing fabric could not be more perfect, LOL. Lorna's patterns are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your giraffes are so cute - really love the flannel on the back too!

    ReplyDelete