Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Wayward transparency quilt along finish.

Hello my quilty friends, I am super excited about this finish! I love quilt alongs....I think they are fun and have always loved the finished project and this one was no exception. So here it is...(drum roll please)....my Wayward transparency quilt by Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl.
 I love how this turned out and the quilting is just my favorite! My dear friend Diane quilted this for me and when I asked to center the medallion on the empty blue center area. she did! We also used double batting, to give it the extra puff. My first time and it will not be my last using double batting.
The three kona cotton blues that I used are- Pruissian( dark blue), Mediterranean ( med ), and Lagoon( lightest and binding). 
and for the backing I used Modern marks Herringbone. 
Did I mention that I Love the quilting! 
Oh that perfectly centered medallion...so lovely! 
One last look from one of the windows in my house, ignore the snow on the quilt the dog thought it was play time and tried to run over my quilt. 
 Thanks for stopping by and until I see you again...wishing you Quilty Hugs~Heide
Linky
Wayward Tranparency QA 
Lets Bee social
Finish up Friday. 
 


9 comments:

  1. The backing is a perfect compliment to the colors in the quilt top. It is a stunning version of the quilt, thank you so much for joining the quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finish!! The blues are perfectly icy and wonderful and the feathers are lovely. So much poof! I just want to touch each curvy feather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those blues and the quilting is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and the quilting is amazing! I love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Wayward version. Blue is my favorite color and the quilting is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilting! It's a spiral feather. :-) Also love the snow on your quilt, much like what was on mine not too far away from where you photographed yours!

    ReplyDelete