Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Tigers quilt

So I showed you this beautiful earlier this summer. I did not have a job or money to send it out to the quilter. I let it sit in my sewing room.  Well now that the money tree in the back yard flowered I was able to send it off to get it quilter.... Just kidding, there is no money tree in the back yard! 

Here it is all bound and quilted. 
You can see the pattern on the back.  Don't you just love the orange minky? This was a big one and so heavy and cozy with the minky. I call this one my Detroit Tigers quilt-reminds me of the Tigers colors.
I love how this quilt turned out and ended up gifting this beauty to my husbands nephew and  family.  Thanks for stopping by and until I see you again, Wishing you Quilty  Hugs~ Heide 

Linkys- Finish up Fridays. 
Lets Bee Social.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Heide! That minky looks soooo soft. I'm sure your nephew and his family will love it! Have they received it yet, or is it a Christmas gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful way to set the blocks! I might have to borrow this idea.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. I really love how your stars shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is lovely and the quilting really shows up beautifully on the orange minky . The money tree in my backyard does not produce enough money to buy both fabric and long-arming services. So, I buy fabric and quilt it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minky backing is always so wonderful! It's so *soft* and it shows the quilting brilliantly. That was a super pretty panto, too. Wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete