Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Rope bowl

Hello my quilty friends. I have a quick little project to show you. I have been eyeballing the adorable rope bowls on the internet and thought I would give one a try. 
Above it a close up of the button and how I finished off the rope end.
Here is a look of the inside of the bowl and because i had just finished a Valentine project that is why the fabrics are pink and red. I was using some the the scraps up. 
I want to say this was a easy project. I do not know what I was doing wrong but, I kept braking needle while making this project. I went through 5 needles.  I was talking to an instructor at a bag class that I am taking and she states that it was the type of needle that I was using. I sure would like to make another one of these cute bowls.....just do not want to hurt my machine! Any thoughts?
A look at the handles, my first handle turned out perfect the 2nd one is a bit large. 
One last look at the button, I think it is my favorite part. Thanks for stopping by. Until I see you agin wishing you Quilty Hugs~ Heide 

Linkys-
Finish up Fridays. 

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if these were difficult to sew! Thank you for sharing. Your bowl is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome design! I love the simplicity of the colors, and the button is fabulous! Did you try a heavy duty topstitch needle--or maybe one for denim?

    ReplyDelete