Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Butterfly hugs

 Hello and Welcome, I hope you are all enjoying this nice long weekend! This week I have a new project to share with you. It is a quilt kit that I put together. I found this kit at a quilt shop near me in Troy, MI. Front Porch Quilt shop ( sweet shop so friendly and helpful). I just love the layout but was not really crazy about the fabric, but the little voice in my head said get it. I am now happy that I did listen to the little voice in my head! The Pattern ( called Moondance by Villa Rosa Designs) came with this quilt kit, in a cute little 3x5 card. Easy to follow for a Newbie like me. No seam ripper was used in this project, LOL!
 Here is a close up of some the quilting, I paid for the long arm service. I just love the sweet flowers
Here is the a photo of the fabric for the backing, the photo is not doing it justice, I am in LOVE with the adorable little black and white flowers. This is a Graduation present for my Son's girlfriend. Since this is one of my first finished quilts, I want to wash and dry this but part of me is really nervous about this step. Do any of you ever feel this way? I am considering this a WIP, I  still need to add a label and oh yeah....I need to get the courage to wash it!
Thanks for stopping by and wishing you all quilty hugs,
Heide

Links: 





http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2015/05/sew-darn-crafty-link-up-party.html
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com/2015/05/lets-bee-social-73.html
WIP Wednesday




Sew Cute Tuesday
Behind the Seams Sewing

7 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt - lucky son's girlfriend to get such a heartfelt present!
    Visiting from Sew Darn Crafty link party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! She must be very special to you! Quilters are in two camps about washing before presenting the quilt. I don't, unless it is dirty, others always do. I think that you can go either way. I always tell the recipient that they need to use color catchers with the first couple of washes just in case with black or red in the quilts, or any quilt with strong contrasting colors and light colors mixed together (just in case). Usually good fabrics don't loose too much dye in the wash, but sometimes people don't know to use cold water either, to limit the dye leaching out of the fabric. Good luck! It sis a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party. What a pretty finish. Your son's girlfriend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!!!
    When you can say you didn't use a seam ripper, that's pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful! What a great graduation present. I would love for you to link up to the Stitch It, Blog It, Share It Link Party going on now at BehindtheSeamsSewing.com.
    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt! I am sure the girlfriend will adore it! I normally wash before gifting but on the last couple I have not. Will give them washing instructions though. I love the feel and look of a quilt after washing. Some folks like for the quilt to look 'new' when gifting. Thanks for popping over to my blog!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete